About Me

I decided to start this site so that I might have a place to come and BITCH about the woman that gave birth to my husband. And then I got to thinking about how many woman out there must deal with MIL's just like mine on a daily basis. So if you'd like to add your own little rant, please send it to ohmightymotherinlaw@hotmail.com and I'll be sure to add it to this blog for the world to see!

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Getting the party started...

So obviously I can't tell you who I am. But you'll need to know a little about my family and I to get to know us anyway.

Let's just say, I'm a thirty something mother. Married to the father of her child. With one on the way.

My husband, who shall from this point onwards be known as Oh Might Husband (or OMH) used to work very hard for his family. But then was dealt a hard blow when diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis some time in 2009. Now, he's at school. Studying something that is way too complicated for me to understand. But he seems to be doing ok.

My son, shall be known as Baby A. Of course he's NOT a baby. But he's not exactly a teenager either. Let's just say, he's still in nappies. But hopefully not for long. Baby A has a few health issues that not so much make him feel or look sick, but that offer him more challenges in life than other kids of his age.

Then there is extended family. Ruled completely by Oh Mighty Mother In Law. OMM

The best way for me to describe her to you, is to tell you that my husbands mother is a Pit Bull on Speed. I mean, you just don't wanna fuck with this woman... once she's got a hold of your balls...she is never ever gonna let go.

When OMH and I got married, not five minutes after the fact...she hugged me. She said "Welcome to the family" and immediately I wanted to run and hide. I hadn't thought of that. I hadn't thought that I would actually have to put up with this woman for the rest of my life. Being married to OMH was easy enough to digest. In fact, I'll never look back on that choice.

But when she said those words in to my ear I wondered if suicide was an option?

Even now it's a toss up. Suicide or homicide. I can't decide.

I've started this blog because OMM get's right in under my skin. I mean, I can't stop thinking about her. Because she does things that I'm pretty sure she knows are upsetting me. But does them anyway.

I've done this, because I actually have another family blog. Where things got very quiet all of a sudden because we moved way too close to The Pit Bull for comfort and now I can't think of anything to put on that site that isn't a lie about the way life is right now.

I don't think she'd really like me talking about her the way I am going to talk about her here.

Hence, the secrecy.

No comments:

Post a Comment