About Me

I decided to start this site so that I might have a place to come and BITCH about the woman that gave birth to my husband. And then I got to thinking about how many woman out there must deal with MIL's just like mine on a daily basis. So if you'd like to add your own little rant, please send it to ohmightymotherinlaw@hotmail.com and I'll be sure to add it to this blog for the world to see!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Long time no post

I'd love to say that I haven't posted in a long time because there have been no issues. But the honest truth is that there have been bigger issues than my monster in law to deal with. Posting here is far down on my list of things to get done at the end of each day.

I've figured some things out recently.

It's ironic that we moved back to our home town specifically to be closer to OMM. Funny right?? Because when she visited, she was the most amazing grandmother to my child. And since I missed out on grandparents being caring and actively involved in my life, I wanted that for my kids. I want them to have THAT relationship with their grandparents. It seemed unfair of me to be living so far away where a web cam chat and occasional visit was all they could get from someone that clearly loved and adored them.

But come closer.

The truth is far from that. Living closer has made us see that she is still the same old manipulative woman that we originally left town to avoid. When OMM gets a bee in her bonnet, it's a big one. And it somehow means that if she's got a problem with me (ie: me defending myself) then she ALSO ignores my child.

When OMH got diagnosed with MS and she didn't think he HAD MS I asked her to stop and think about him, instead of herself. I asked her to be there for her son during a really tough time. And since she didn't think he had MS and didn't appreciate being told to be her son's MOTHER she didn't talk to me, or help me out or anything for weeks on end. And for weeks on end, she ignored my child. Her grandchild. She wouldn't touch him, hug him or talk to him. And if he tried to give her hugs or talk to her she would be really harsh with him and ignore his innocent advances.

When we had our little tiff over me having gestational diabetes the same thing happened. She ignored Baby A for a week. He would run in to her house and yell out "Granny" with open arms as he always does. And she would just hmph and ignore him.

It's really not only when she's got a pole stuck up her ass that she's different. Compared to how she treated Baby A when it was just the occasional visit, she has changed. She doesn't treat him nearly as nicely as she did back then. It's just cruel too see him run at her with love and affection and see him get rejected that way. It's awful to see him ask her for a hug and he say "not now I'm busy" when all she's doing is making a coffee. Or watching TV.

OMH, despite his better judgment, has decided to go back to work next year once he finishes his first year of a four year course. We will save and we will move away. Because it seems to us that the only way for our kids to have nice, loving caring and actively involved grandparents...is to only have them visit twice a year.

And that woman fucks with my head and I am over it.

1 comment:

  1. I think moving away is the right solution for you in your particular situation. My mom ignores me when she's mad, but my DD is very little right now so I don't know if she'll ignore her too down the line, but it's something I would refuse to put up with! Feel free to check out my blog, I just had a baby last week. Did you find out if you're having a girl or boy yet? Either way, best of luck to you!

    ~CC, http://theroadtomejournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete